Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What's In a Name?


I named my blog “A Very Literal Blog” because I wanted something clever and something in the context of this class. Since the class is an introduction to literature, we are going to be blogging about literature. I guess the best way to read my title is “A Very Lit-eral Blog.” It is going to be a blog about our readings and opinions of the readings, all which are literature. I liked how the class website was a play on words as well, with “Exploring Literritories” and I wanted to do the same. I think it is fun to name our blogs anything we want, and I did not want a boring blog name. Also this is my first time having ever had a blog, and I wanted it to be a good name.
            I actually spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted to name my blog because it is going to be something that I am going to be spending a lot of time on for this next ten weeks. I had other ideas, but this one actually stuck. I also take the blog title to mean what the words say. This blog is going to be pretty straightforward and only used for ENL 3 class assignments, so it will be literal. Part of my grade will literally be taken from what I write on this blog. But most of all, I just wanted to have some fun, and this idea came to my head on my bike ride home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment